Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Felting

Since the Knitting Retreat I've been overcome with the desire to felt. I've had this desire for a while but turning it into action has been the hard bit. Inspired by the deadline for the Berry Spinners and Weavers annual show I've managed to whip myself into action. Here are two experiments from yesterday:



And below is a more substantial piece from today. Here it is getting laid out on the kitchen bench. (See my knitting nook and mess in the lounge room in the top left background).



And here it is after felting: See how much smaller it gets. I think I worked out that it is two thirds of its original size.

I was very pleased with the effect of the sliver laid over my kool-aid dyed hand spun. Now I have at least one thing for the Spinners and Weavers show, assuming they approve of course....