Wednesday, May 10, 2006

AND THE WINNERS ARE.....

Many thanks for all your entries into my blogiversary competitions. I had a good chuckle at the answers.

But now.... all hush.....Drumroll please.......

Without further ado I present to you the winners of The Stripey Tiger Blogiversary Competitions....

The First Competition was for: the most imaginative and humerous idea for the blogiversary cake I should have made and decorated for myself....and the winner is.....

Sue - with the first entry suggesting a stripey tiger cake, jaffa flavoured no less! Are Jaffas a uniquely Australian thing?? I love jaffas they are just so seriously munchable in a choc/orange kinda way.

There were some great cakes, a laptop cake with my blog on the screen and a UFO on the keyboard, a sock cake, a self striping ball of wool cake, Stripey Tigers playing with yarn, a knitting project still in eth needles... they all sound excellent especially as they would require loads of icing to decorate and I love icing!

The Second Competition was for: the most surprising fact learned about a blogger's life from their blog....and the winner is......

Sheep Rustler with her discovery via a blog that someone she actually knows in real life keeps sheep embryos in their fridge! Now that is a pretty surprising fact to find out about some one I think!!

The surprising facts were all pretty surprising too. I also was impressed to discover that it gets to minus 20 (celcius!) in some parts of Canada, that there is a full size replica of the Greek Parthenon in Nashville Tenesee WTF ???@!!!??? That a home schooling mum loves trashy TV, if a cat ingests a coffee bean it can go hyperactive and a knitter who was thankful that she checked the dryer before starting in it, because her cat was snoozing in it.

Anyway thanks again for entering everyone. I will email you two winners to get your snail mail address to send your mystery prize. If you don't hear from me for some reason send me an email. The addy is in my blogger profile.

Next Post: Baby News and more FO updates.