Monday, April 09, 2007

Making Things

We have had heaps of fun chez Stripey this Easter. JT was on call so we couldn't go anywhere. We had five days off at home - all five of us. It was cold and wet for most of it so I got lots of lovely homey things done. Here's shots of a few of them:

I baked hot crossed buns! I've been making these every year for about the last five years and I have to say - This year I HAVE NAILED IT!! They were the best yet; light, yet moist, fruity and spicy. Everyone approved. Check out how good they looked.

We had JT's sister and her hubby staying on Saturday night. I cooked a huge FAB Lamb roast. There was too much beer, champagne, red wine and 18 yo Caol Ila consumed so we all had sore heads when the little bunnies woke up to see what the Big Bunny had left them. Ahh so cute!

Then after about a week of painting I finally finished the easter egg decorations that I was painting for the easter tree. Only one day after the Easter Bunny came but better late than never! They're real blown eggs painted with acrylics and varnished with decoupage varnish.

I was aiming for this kinda look - Just like Martha. But with exposed brick rather than painted white timber interiors I was pushing it up hill. JT says "Yours is better" Isn't he a sweetie - you can see why I married him. Shots of the easter tree when it's a little brighter inside.

Knitting: Yes I had a lovely time knitting chocolate cream tarts for our up and coming SnB exhibition. Soon, I'll even share the pattern that I made up myself!! Hope you all had a lovely Easter WE did!