Saturday, January 20, 2007

To Be Read

After reading my oldest buddy Ange's blog, I have joined the To Be Read Challenge.


I like to list what I read but I haven't actually written a list to get through before, just piled them up beside the bed. But this time I have a list for 2007. The idea is to get through the first 12 then the others are just extras if I read fast enough.


I've already read two from my list this year and for the first time ever I have read my Christmas book first!! Thanks JT I really enjoyed Underground.

1 - Andrew McGahan - Underground - DONE!!

2 - Kate Grenville - Secret River - DONE!!

3 - Monica Ali - Brick Lane
4 - Kiren Desai - The Inheritance of Loss
5 - Shirley Hazzard - The Great Fire
6 - Michel Faber - The Crimson Petal and the White
7 - John Irving - Untill I Find You
8 - David Lodge - Author, Author
9 - Vikram Seth - An Equal Music
10 - Audrey Niffenegger - The Time Traveller's Wife
11 - Nancy Mitford - Love in a Cold Climate
12 - Alexander McCall Smith - The Right attitude to Rain

Extra Credit
Michel Faber - The hundred and ninety nine Steps
Kate Grenville - The Idea of Perfection
Alain de Botton - Status Anxiety & Consolations of Philosophy
Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion
Peter Carey - My Life as a Fake
D.B.C. Pierre - Vernon God Little
Richard Flanagan - The Unkown Terrorist
Peter Goldsworthy - Three Dog Night