Monday, January 08, 2007

2007 FOs

All thank yous and farewells to 2007 are behind us and now normal knitting content resumes at last. Here's my first Finished Object for 2007. Actually all the knitting was done in 2006 but it finally had it's ends woven in and was blocked in 2007.

It's a headscarf from Handknit Holidays and I knit it in the cotton du jour chez stripey: Anchor Magic Line. It's cheap and cheerful, self striping, it knits up quickly and the colour combinations are pretty. This watermelon colourway will suit my youngest niece, Ineke, she's almost two. It's a gift for her brithday in March - how organised am I???

The second FO for 2007 is yet another One Skein Wonder by Glampyre. I think I've knitted five of these now. They're so quick and mindless, I can knit them without the pattern now and little girls love them. Again it was Anchor Magic Line cotton in a fab bright orange and pink.

This OSW was a Christmas pressie for my eldest niece Zoe, she's seven and going into second class. See her below showing it off. Doesn't she look beautiful!

And here are my two, Milly and Gemma in their OSW's as well on either side of Zoe. All being happy cousins together at Christmas time.

Ahh to have such thin arms again. ;-) Stripey