Tuesday, August 15, 2006

One Skein Secret Pal Finishes

Ages ago, I joined the One Skein Secret Pal Swap.

I liked the idea of a swap with simple guidelines. You were to send one skein of something nice and a letter the first month, the same the second month and in the third month you were to send something you had made from one skein, not necessarily from the One Skein book. It was simple, it was fun.

My One Skein Pal contacted me right away. She left anonymous comments on my blog, sent me ecards and sent her packages so promptly I was amazed at how organised she was!! Her first parcel was so huge and contained gifts for the whole family, even a Petal Bib she made for Bronte. The second parcel too was filled with special goodies including some Rowan Summer Tweed which I had lusted over for just sooo long!!! Then the last parcel arrived on Monday. It was just as if it was a birthday pressie.


Look at all the goodies! More Rowan, All Seasons Cotton this time, (she wasnt supposed to send more yarn this time - yet she did!) An anenome brooch, lace edged drawstring bag, Isn't it lovely!? What else can you see?? Crochet flower brooches for all the girls made from her own handspun yarn. How clever! A lovely long letter, hand made lavender soap - my favorite! AND a lovely handmade orchid card. All the parcels have included the lovliest handmade cards. I have been truly the luckiest pal in this exchange I'm sure.

So who is this wonder woman? Well she finally revealed herself to me in her letter. She is Piglottie from Piglotties Parlour. In a complete coincidence she is a buddy of Blueadt my very first Secret pal ever. - its a small world.

Thanks Piglottie it has been such fun, I really have appreciated all your efforts!