Sunday, July 16, 2006

Casting On

Of course I did manage to finish the knitting on JT's vest by my self imposed deadline... but there it finished. I had thought I'd try to block and seam it by the end of the weekend but nope, it wasn't to be. Maybe I'll get it blocking tomorrow. In the mean time I've been having fun playing.

This is some handspun of mine that I have had hanging around for a while its a merino and undyed silk blend that I plied with a thin white cotton.

I'm swatching for a wide scarf all done with that yo k2tog stitch. It's looking good. My handspun is pretty uneven but I guess that is part of it's charm lol!! This phot was taken early on in eth swatching process its about three times bigger now. I had to test a few different needle sizes. I think I have it nailed now. (Did I tell you how much I love my Denises for this kind of thing!!)

Then I began playing with my lovely Noro Silk Garden that I've had since my friend Kerry opened her yarn shop. I bought it months ago and I've been dying to play with it ever since!! I just love the colours.


I was determined to finish the vest first and it's lucky that I did stick with it because I've begun a new clapotis and like a good book, I can't put it down. Here's a shot of it this afternoon. Since that photo it's quadrupled in size! What fun!!