Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Surprise!!

I've managed to get kind of 80% through some big tasks for the SnB exhibition thanks to (Donni, Ailsa and Kerry for their input!!) and the wave of panic has subsided for now. Still got a few things to manage this week but I'm not doing too badly. I'm still managing to do some knitting. I just can't watch TV of an evening without knitting in my hands...so...

OK so here is my baby surprise cardy as of this afternoon. I'm guessing I'm about halfway through since the pattern asked for two skeins of Koigu KPPPM and I've just got through the first one. Boy it's a wierd pattern. I thought I was following it 'properly' but my row and stitch count seems to have taken a strange diversion at some point from the pattern and also the right sides and wrong sides seem to have become mixed up. But it does pass the galloping horse test at the moment- So I'll persevere - If it's really bad when I'm done I'll frog it and begin again.


I was worried that I wouldn't have enough yarn - now I'm thinking that there's going to be heaps over so I'm intrigued to see what will happen! I'm looking forward to doing the origami that you have to do to turn it into a cardy shape rather than an undulating landscape. I'll show you then - Happy knitting!