Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

Easter Weekend hasn't been much of a holiday worse luck! It was mostly work for us grown-ups. Poor old JT had a 15 hour shift to work on Good Friday - How foul!! Then on Saturday it was straight to Sydney to keep working on our house so we can put it on the market.

My Mum and Aunt baby sat the kids for two days which was great. It meant that we could all concentrate on the work but even then it was a bit frustrating for me because I couldn't help with any of the heavy stuff and was relegated to tea and lunch maker.

So the hall got repainted by my sister in law and her father and the front concrete steps and walkway got replaced with wooden steps which my Dad built. My Dad is a total handyman legend and so is my brother Ross. Those two and JT took two days to make this;

Become this;
And finally, this!! Stairs!!
It was hard work and now we have to make all the dirt and rubble left in place of the old steps look presentable. Sometimes I think it will NEVER be done....

Anyway the kids enjoyed the Easter Bunny on Sunday and now it's Monday afternon and I'm off to read my novel for a bit of RnR while the kiddies rest and JT potters in the garden. Fingers crossed!! Here are the girls with too much chocolate in their baskets!