Friday, January 20, 2006

ISE SCARF

As of about half an hour ago my International Scarf Exchange scarf is complete! Including blocking!! Now to package up to take with me to the states to post.....

Its Misty Garden from Scarf Style, obviously not knitted in the specified yarn. It measures just over 2 metres and took me about three weeks of TV evenings to make. (Have I mentioned that I am neither insomniac nor a speedy knitter - so projects take a while) I knitted it from a two ply crossbred wool held double on 5mm needles and I added some Patons Ostrich at the ends for interest (and because I think my scarf pal will like it -fingers crossed!!) There's over 120 repeats of the four row lace pattern so that's over 480 rows. (lol - Just a few stats for you). It's only my second lace project and I'm enjoying lace a lot - I might even try something a little harder soon.


Photographing scarves is a tad difficult - I need a model!! Here's a close up. I'm off now to keep packing....