Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Computer Hassles

$#^#&^%*&$^$%^^!!!

The CD drive on our new (less than 6 months old) laptop is caput!! It won't recognise that any data is stored on any CDs. This is VERY frustrating when you wish to download software or listen to Shannon's Christmas Mix CD!! Poor JT has spent all arvo trying to reload the software - difficult when the drive is dodgy. It's funny because this happened to our old desktop and it's the whole reason why we went out bought a new laptop!! Luckily it is under warranty and hopefully the nice people at Dell wil fix it up nice and snappy-like!! (Dream ON!)

I'm frustrated because I wanted to spend all afternoon (our last holiday day before JT goes back to work for a few days) playing with Dreamweaver MX and my new wireless mouse and designing more finished object pages to link to from the side bar. I finished an evening course in Dreamweaver about a fortnight ago and with the Christmas rush and dud CD drives it seems destined not to be...

So instead I did some spinning which was great fun because I spun this:


From this:

It is my christmas pressie from Donni. She very generously gave me 200gms roving hand dyed by textile artist Rachael Meek. I can't remember if she said it was merino or corriedale or a blend but it is beautiful combination of ocean, teal and purples with a little aqua for zing - which of course you cant tell from the photo. It was really speedy to spin and of the four hanks I've already spun up one whole one! Not bad for the slowest spinner I know!! I'll give it a rest on the bobbin and navajo ply it tomorrow. I can't wait to see how the colours ply up. Thanks Donni!!