Sunday, September 04, 2005

So far this week....

I've managed to get the 'v' neck knitted of the Karabella 'Roses' tunic dress that I am inventing and I've joined the shoulder seams - hence that last post about three needle bind off's with size 25mm needles. Very tricky I have to say. It's really hard to hold on to all the needles because they are all so big. In the end, somehow I have one shoulder with the join on the inside and one shoulder with the join on the outside - you cant really tell because of how bobbly the roses is. (I hope) So now I have pinned the sides together to try it on. Fingers crossed it will look OK and I will sew it up in time for the wedding I'm going to next Saturday. I hope it doesn't look too ridiculous.....
I'm doing really well with the rare yarns wrap and I know I said I would post a pic of the pattern but better still, go to girl printer and have a loook at hers, she just finished it. Click on her image and you can see a full shot. I'm half way on this now and feel like I am on a roll. Hopefully it will only be a week and I can start something new??!!

This weekend was the Father's Day weekend. Our little family went to Sydney to spend the weekend with my Dad and Mum we had a fab time. I got heaps of knitting done on the wrap, we went to the Margaret Preston Exhibition at the Art Gallery of New South Wales on Friday, Glebe markets on Saturday and to the Powerhouse Museum and saw a fabulous William Morris exhibition this morning. When we finally got home to Wollongong it was wet and cold so we had a lovely afternoon in. John made coffee, I whipped cream and we had scones and jam. I even managed to get some spinning done. What a fantastic weekend!! Just so cultural!