Monday, June 27, 2005

Eek more frigging frogging.....

I have finished Gemma’s vest! She wore it today and looked like she loved it!!!
Don’t get too excited…. I do not like the neck finishing.

I am going to frog it back and do a crochet picot edge. Unfortunately I need to learn how to do this. I hope the crochet mistress across the road will have a few moments spare this week to show me.

I had a two knitting epiphanies this week.

1: Taught myself to do a three needle cast off from an online video tutorial. FANTASTIC!!! Can’t imagine doing anything else!

2: Stitch ‘n Bitch on Saturday was such great fun!! Tiarne taught me to do proper mattress stitch seaming. Oh am I a convert!! That different colour thread just vanishes!! It looks perfect. I had to spend a good hour undoing the backstitch and carefully woven in ends on the seam that I had already done just so I could have matching mattress side seams.

I know Gemma appreciates it!