Monday, May 16, 2005

The Naked Scarf


No not a great shot but here it is. This is what we have been beavering away on for the last two weeks 'The no knit scarf' mademoiselle pick up sticks has coined the naked phrase for reasons that she may choose to go into. You may care to know that the 'Touch' exhibition was (despite more than a decade working in the arts) the first time in many many years that I have actually exhibited anything I have made (since my 1991 graduating exhibition at CoFA actually). And even though this time it was somewhat anonymously (the safest way) it was a great thrill to sell many of them on the opening night!!! Oh and even better was going out for a few wines and a meal with Knitabulous and Donni.

Warning another bracket: (You know I never thought my mum was clairvoyant until now. When I joined Wollongong Stitch 'n Bitch and told her all about it she said "I see knitting in your future")

God we had a ball, bleating on about anything and everything. No kids, home after 1am - woo hoo! AND I won the door prize! a georgeous shawl knitted by the lovely Kerry from lovely (hand dyed?) mohair boucle. Oh I am the luckiest duck!