Thursday, January 17, 2008

Handmade Xmas

Here's a few hand made chrissy pressies I made for the Cousins. Meet Cousin Arthur wearing knitted gear:

It is the three cornered hat from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac. I was a little worried about this hat thinking it might be a little off the wall for today's slick urban child. But No! Look how the mischevious gleam in his eye suits the jester-ish hat. Even if his mum never puts it on him again - I have the photo where he looks just great.

Here he is again in a head scarf knit for his sister Ineke who was unwilling to model or even try on the Pressie. I just know she would have looked darling in it but so does Athur!!

The pattern is from Interweave Knits, ages ago I think it's called Molly's Headscarf. I'll look it up when I'm offline.

NEXT POST: More Handmade Chrissy Pressies