Monday, May 28, 2007

Truly Madly Deeply

As soon as I finished my 'deadline knit' for ISE4 I began immediately on a number of things. One of which was a poncho for Bronte from the yarn I dyed at the retreat. I swatched, I calculated, I knit away. It looked good! I was pleased with how the dye job knit up. See!

Then I tried it on the girl and realised that something had gone terribly wrong with the calculations it was at least four inches too big so off to the frogpond!! She seemed to like it though.

Then I picked up some hand spun of my own (lovely merino and silk blend) that I'd been swatching for a while to find the right combo of stitches. Here's the swatch.


Then I settled on a pattern and began.....

Now, it's about three times this length and I think I've changed my mind.......

And to all of you who very kindly said that you'd like the pattern for my ISE4 scarf. I've also been working on that. I think I 'll call it the Cables and Ladders Scarf. Pattern Coming soon.. Sorry I haven't been able to email you back individually - it's these darn Blogger comments - no return email addresses....