Monday, August 21, 2006

That Time of Year

August is my month! Wattle begins to flower, the days begin to get longer and its my birthday month. Lately, a couple of lovely blogging friends have gifted me some wonderful, wonderful things.

This pile of powder blue is from Jae, who responded to my comment on her grecian cowl pullover in GGH Safari, by sending me two balls that she had left over. They're so soft. I would never have expected linen to be so soft. I cant wait to use it. Thanks Jae it was a wonderful surprise. I LoOOOOVE them! That shade of blue is I think my most enduring favorite colour.

And just look at this beauty!! Isn't it wonderful. A chocolate coloured cymbidium. Each bloom is about as big as my fist. It's just so stunning. Alongside pansies, orchids are my favorite flower. The clever gals that gave me this wonderful pressie are of course the dynamic duo of Wollongong KnitBlogworld: Donni and Ailsa.

Thanks guys it's simply stunning. When I have a flowering orchid inside the house I feel like I live in some kind of luxurious palace. (lol!) Orchids are just so extraordinarily beautiful.