Friday, July 08, 2005

Unreality

My baby brother and his wife live in London. I haven't been able to get them on the phone. From this distance it seems unreal or unlikely that they would have been involved in the terrible events yesterday. Yet the fear remains.

I don't see or speak to him very often due to some ongoing wierdness between my family and his wife although I still send chrissy pressies, birthday pressies and call on occasion. They send pressies for Milly and Gemma at Christmas and Easter which makes me think that all is not lost. He is 6 years younger than me and we have never really been all that close because I left home when he was in early high school. I often wish that things were different and that we had a better relationship. I am very close to my other brother who is two years younger than me and I am oftern reminded of the difference.

I am hoping that they are fine and that we hear from them in the UK morning. These horrible events have served to remind me that we have such limited time in this life and that it is too short to waste.

I have never directly said to him that I regret that we are not closer and that I wish our relationship was not so strained. I will try to say those things to him when we speak next, perhaps it will make a difference??

My thoughts are with everyone in London affected by these callous acts of terrorism, others anxiously waiting to hear if their family members are alright and of course also with those who have experienced tragedy because of these events.

I am off to knit it out....